#InspireThroughSport Virtual Challenge
You can enter for a single or multiple events over the weekend of 6th & 7th & 8th November 2020.
- Walk / Run / Wheelchair (1500m, 1km, 3km, 5km, 10km)
- Sprinting / Race chair / Wheelchair (100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m)
- Cycling / Hand Cycle / Tricycles / Mountain Bike / Tandem (5km, 15km, 25km, 35km)
- Swimming (25m, 50m, 100m, 200m)
- Shotput, Discus, Javelin, Long jump, High jump
- Boccia, Wheelchair Dancing, Powerlifting
Cost: R50 per event (e.g 3 events over the weekend will total R150)
How it works?
This event is fully inclusive for anyone that wants to compete (able bodied or differently-abled).
- No age categories apply.
- Enter for your event from anywhere in the country.
- Spread your activities over the weekend or challenge yourself to do them all on one day.
- Take a picture of yourself during each activity and or event.
Post it on Facebook or Instagram with:
What do you get:
- Every entrant will receive a certificate of participation via email.
- Participants have the option to receive a medal for each event they complete, which will be send with all other merchandise ordered.
NB: Please make sure that we have your correct e-mail address captured on entrygeek.com
Medals and merchandise only available for South African participants.
- Single or group entries can be made on entrygeek.com.
- Schools and clubs can also assist learners with group entries.
- A race number will be emailed to you in the week of the event.
- Please print and pin it to your shirt on the day of the event.
- The same race number will apply for all events over the weekend.
- Upload results by making a screenshot of the app (eg. Strava, Runkeeper, Garmin) you used to track your distance and time.
- Click on My Account under the race you did and click upload.
- Click choose file and select the screenshot from your device.
- Then Click Upload.
- Dri-fit T-shirt R120
- Buff R80
- Silicone Wristband R15
- Medals and merchandise can be delivered via PostNet or Pep-to-Pep at an additional cost.
- We also have local pickup points available in Nelspruit, Dundee (KZN) and Alta du Toit School (Kuilsriver, WC) for free.
Remember it is all about fun and inclusivity, try your luck with one or all events, see and compare your capabilities with those around you.
More about the organizers of this event:
WPSAPD is an affiliation of SASAPD (South African Sport Association for the Physically Disabled), we represent physically disabled sport at a district level, interacting and working closely with physically disabled and visually impaired sport clubs and schools.
Since our inception, Western Province Sport for the Physically Disabled and Visually impaired has been totally focused on developing athletes, from grassroots to champions.
Aim of the event:
WPSAPD will host their first Virtual Sport Challenge to:
- Create an opportunity for our para-athletes, family and friends of all abilities to take part in a virtual multi-activity event for 2020
- Raise awareness for our para-athletes who compete in Para Sport also known as disability sport
- Raise funds for WPSAPD to assist athletes in need to enable participation for future district, provincial and national competitions.